Tia Pettygrue: 100 Half Marathon Finisher!

Club member Tia Pettygrue completed her 100th lifetime half marathon on June 12, 2016 at the Hotlanta Half Marathon in Atlanta, GA.  She timed her 100th half to also be on her birthday!



From Tia: “It was such a blast but what made it more special is that fellow members, Ali Levering and Zenda Brantley, made me feel extra special. Ali made me one of her bibs, and Zenda spent hours the day before and the morning of the race putting out banners and posters celebrating my event. Zenda and I ran together and it was so cool as she would point out each sign! I traveled more for races than I ever have this year, but I will say that in this journey I was able to see so much of Florida that I had never seen in the 25 years I've been here- so many beautiful areas. I ran my first 50 Half Marathons over 5 years and ran the last 50 over 18 months, so I definitely caught the bug! I enjoyed this journey!”

Ali Levering’s special bib for Tia and one of Zenda Brantley’s on-course signs for Tia

Tia's next big goal is to qualify for the 2018 Boston Marathon.  Check out her blog here.